Client Case Studies
Here’s a few examples of some of the more interesting case studies we have dealt with recently…..
Blackmail doesn’t work
- Late alterations to an already agreed contract threatened to hold client to ransom. Service level alterations would result in signifcant unexpected cost increase.
- Review of pre-tender documentation revealed backstop clauses that had been overlooked.
- Contract signed without alteration or disruption to critical services
From deadlock to deal
- Commercial negotiations over intellectual property reached impasse over royalty agreement for product sales of innovative fingerprint analysis system for university spin out company.
- Arbitration through accounting analysis of profit share potential resulted in more balanced agreement.
- Increased royalty share achieved without upsetting commercial relationships
Outsourced, but no outcry!
- Public sector outsourcing contracts for essential services being negotiated by inexperienced procurement team risked exposure to external challenge.
- Establishment of ‘change board’ of senior stakeholders, and managed tender process instigated.
- Successful process resulting in 15% reduction in annual expenditure.